Sunday, March 15, 2009

Too Cute!

I moved the little ones out to the main pen on Thurs. because I was leaving for my grandsons house for the weekend and I thought it would be safer.
Besides they are quite big now, their wing feathers have fully filled in and they are taking little flights.
When I moved them to the new area and they went crazy. They were taking little flights here and there. That night I went out to check on them and could not find them.
My heart sank!
Then I looked up... there they were, all of them!
Luna's back side was towards me, but peeking out from under all of her tail feathers were five little heads. I would never have guessed that they could fly so high!
It was just too cute!
I called my husband today, just to check up on them. he said everyone was ok, but the rooster had started to charge him, Pat is not too crazy about my husband, that is another story. Jay Jay, my gander charged Pat grabbed him by the neck and shook him. My husband says the rooster is okay, he is just missing some neck feathers.
Jay Jay has never liked the rooster by me or for that matter he has never liked any of the chickens to get too close to me, but I never thought he would try to protect my husband.

No comments: