Sunday, February 15, 2009

Luna is stoic!

The other day Lady decided she needed to lay an egg where Luna is sitting. I did not actually see her do it, but I walked by and there was a white egg on top of Luna. At first I was puzzled as to how one of her eggs got there, but when I picked it up to tuck it back under her I noticed there were no markings.
She left the nest a little later for a drink and a quick bite to eat. If you look at the picture you will notice that her tail feathers are quite fanned. she has only done that since she started sitting. They are fanned and she walks around scolding everyone until she gets back on the nest.While she was gone I took the opportunity to check the eggs, now there are nine. I think Lady must have laid another egg between the last time I was able to check the eggs and now.
Luna has steadfastly stayed on the nest throughout all the rain and wind we have been having. Poor thing she looked so pathetic, wet cold. I have her protected the best I could, but she chose a really odd place to lay and there isn't a lot I can do with it that wouldn't disturb her.

No comments: