Saturday, February 07, 2009

My Afternoon Delight

I love walking out to the pen in the afternoon. I whistle and the chaos begins. The geese honk, the chickens.... well they make the sounds that chickens do when they are excited. Everyone knows: I am going to let them out.
Everyday I think of "Chicken Run" when I see those chunky thighs doing the crazy run that they do as they rush out to eat the grass and bugs.
The geese always spread their wings and almost, almost get air borne an inch off the ground in their excitement.
I will try to remember to take my camera out tomorrow so that I can snap a pic or two. It brings a smile to my heart. My little flock has grown up. Here are some pics I have now. In order is Jay-Jay, Peaches, Pat, Red, Babs, and Cinnamon
Luna is still holding fast. She is not leaving the nest for anything. I will try to candle the eggs next week to see if I should let her continue to set.

No comments: